- Is the house clean and odor free and smell like a
home rather than antiseptic?
- Does the level of neatness in the house match the
preferences of your family member?
- How well do staff respect the privacy of the
persons who live in the house?
- Is this a location and a house in which you would
want to live?
- Does the residence have a home-like
atmosphere or feel like a place of business or
- How structured is the routine of the house? Does
there appear to be some flexibility in the
carrying out of daily activities?
- Do staff members take care of people,
or do they provide support to people according to
their individual needs and preferences?
- Is the phone answered using a company or
program name, or using the names of
the residents who live there?
- Do people have enough space for their belongings,
and for privacy when they want it?
- Is the residence close to things in the community
your family member uses and enjoys?
- Are personal mementos (e.g., family photographs)
displayed in common living areas?
- Are the support needs of other residents
compatible with those of your family member?